Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mystery Box

I found this disposable camera a few weeks ago on the center-divide of a highway. I walked past it at first and then stopped in my tracks to consider the possibilities. What if it contained evidence for a crime? What if it had something I really wouldn't want to see? And what type of image would that be? Will it give me bad luck? I had to know, so I scooped it into a plastic bag and brought it home. The camera sat in the studio for a while, and when the time felt right, I took it to the photo-lab. I thought it best to develop only the negatives and not make prints. I have a reputation to protect at LMI Foto!

I was pleasantly bored with the results. (Someone would probably have the same reaction looking at one of my rolls of film.) There were pictures of TVs, toilets, rooftops, and cake. My hypothesis is that Dalia was given this camera for her fifth birthday. No bad luck so far.

-PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment